Hej everybody: here you can see the article published today in Koillissanomat:
11 october 2012:
Translation of the article to English:
2500 km for Wolves
Bicycling from Sweden trough Northern Finland on his way south, Gainluca Gaudenzi stopped yesterday in Kuusamo. The tour started in july this years and has now accomplished about 2500 km. The destination is Kivikiekki, where Gaudenzi tries to arrive at the end of the week. Then he will continue to Helsinki, where the journey ends. He makes this Bicycletour because he is concerned about the Scandinavian Wolves.
My journey intends to help to save the Scandinavian Wolves that are threatened by extinction. I also want to stress the importance of the protection for Wolves, says Gaudenzi. Gaudenzi knows that the Wolf issue is very controversal. According to him, especially in Sweden, the confrontation between reideer owners and those who want to protect the Wolves is extremely hard. While Gaudenzi is biking, he tries to get in contact to local people, reindeer owners, Sami, decision-makers and collects their opinions with a recorder and a notebook. In the future, his journey might become a film.
- I cooperate with nature photographer Lassi Rautiainen, as well as a Swedish film director and an American Nature guide.
Thousands of kilometers on a bike in the late autumn rain sound a bit overwhelming. But Gaudenzi is convinced of what he is doing. He describes himself as an activist, who feels the obligation to act. His next tour in the future is already planned:
- I am going to bike to the Congo, a bikingtour for the endangered Mountain Gorillas, reports Gaudenzi.
Biking for Wolves
- Gianluca Gaudenzi's Wolf protection project
- travels from Southern Sweden to Kivikiekki Kuhmo, the so called Pessinki-Wolf route in revers.
- the Pessinki Wolves were originally 3. 2 where shot on their way to the area of Galven in Southern Sweden, 1 still lives there.
the name comes from the Pessinki National Park, where the Wolves where seen for the first time, 6 years ago.